Monday, March 31, 2008

A stolen boat

Enlarge this one, I think you will like it.


Early this morning I saw this boat floating down the river, it's only occupant was this Cormorant, obviously having stolen the boat. Now I had forgotten the English name for the culprit so I had to get out my Welsh English Dictionary which I often need. The Welsh name I used where I was brought up was Billidowcar, or Diving Billie. In the dictionary I found they are called Llanciau Llandudno which means Llandudno Lads. Now that for me was something worth knowing. I found it very interesting.


The River Police must have seen him and he obviously deserted the boat here.

1 comment:

Frances said...

love this Mags, nice little story too, I found the lanuage interesting, my father only had a few welsh words thought his mother was fluent but not his father, keep warm Frances